Saturday, May 29, 2010

Out of the night that covers me
Black as the pit from pole to pole
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul
In the fell clutch of circumstances
I have not winced nor cried aloud
Under the bludgeoning of chance
My head is bloody but unbowed
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me unafraid
It matters not how strait the gait
How charged with punishments the scroll
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
                                   - William Ernest 

 Its so amazing Words have this quality in them when given the prerogative that they deserve they just become laden with this enormous power, the power to insinuate a human mind or an entire generation to live those words.

No comments: